- Brainfuse JobNow Live Assistance JobNow™ is an innovative online service that provides expert resume help, real-time interview coaching and career advice. There are services to help with every step of a job search. The Adult Learning Center features test preparation (including GED and U.S. citizenship preparation), writing assistance, and study tools for math, reading and writing. Live, online one-on-one interaction with a tutor or job coach is available as part of JobNow™ and the Adult Learning Center. Live sessions can be conducted in English or Spanish. JobNow is made possible through a federal American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) Broadband Technology Opportunity Program (BTOP) award funded through the New York State Education Department/New York State Library.
- Business & Company Resource Center provided by NOVEL A business research tool for the job seeker, casual investor, or business student, offering up-to-date topical business information and company and industry intelligence on thousands of global companies.
- CareerOneStop A portal for exploring careers and locating jobs, education and training.
- GotResumeBuilder.com This site allows users to create a resume using professionally designed templates; look over resume-writing tips; review occupation-specific resumes; search jobs with a feature linked to Jobs by Indeed; and more.
- MVLS’s Better Business Basics Resources for starting and managing home-based and small businesses.
- New York First A business-focused portal to the economic development incentives, programs and resources available to large and small companies within the state and those that choose to relocate here.
It’s Poetry Day on Wednesday, September 21 . Join Michael Czarnecki, Steve Coffman, and local writers for a fun day of poetry and prose. Workshop at the library at 1, reading at 7. Bring your work, questions and comments. Prepare to relax, think and enjoy.
The Board of Trustees will meet at 4:30 at the library. Special guest, Sara Dallas will join us. All welcome
Please drop a note or call the library if you would be interested in an evening program on Quickbooks for small businesses.
Learn about what this financial program can do for you. This includes the software basics, organizing your financial data, setting up your system, entering bills and recording data needed for your financial statements.
If you don’t have a copy of Quickbooks, but interested in purchasing the software, we will have information available for you to purchase.
The program has tentatively been scheduled for Tuesday, September 27, 7:00 PM. A modest charge for this class will depend on the number enrolled. Call the library to sign up.